|Overview Screenshots Download and Install Help Contact|
- Clippings 3.2 - released on 8 October 2012
Clippings save frequently-entered text for pasting later
Saves and manages frequently-entered text for later pasting into Web page forms in Firefox or email and newsgroup messages in Thunderbird. Pasting a clipping is accomplished with just two mouse clicks, eliminating the hassle of retyping or repetitive copying and pasting.
- Create clippings from selected text in a form field or Web page body (Firefox), or from selected text in an email or newsgroup message (Thunderbird)
- Create clippings by dragging and dropping text into the Clippings toolbar button
- Paste clippings into form fields (Firefox) or new email or newsgroup messages (Thunderbird) from the Clippings context menu. Individual clippings can be pasted as rich text if they contain HTML tags.
- Assign shortcut keys to clippings for quicker pasting. To insert a clipping using the keyboard, press CTRL+ALT+V (Command+Option+V on the Mac), then the shortcut key.
- Define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available.
- Organize your collection of clippings into folders using Clippings Manager
- Import and export clippings to or from datasource files to share with other users
Clippings Toolbar Button
An optional toolbar button is available for users of Firefox 4 and newer. Right-click on any toolbar in the Firefox browser window and select Customize, then drag the Clippings toolbar button to the desired toolbar. The Clippings toolbar button can also be added to the Add-on Bar.